General Framing Guidelines
- Artwork must be wired appropriately and ready to hang.
- No sawtooth hangers allowed.
- Frames must be in good condition. Canvas/substrate must be secured appropriately inside the frame. Plexiglass is recommended for items needing clear cover to prevent breakage.
- Unframed pieces on canvas are only allowed if the artwork is on a museum mount, at least 1 1/2 inches deep, and with painted sides. The exception is a piece of art that would be distorted from the artist’s intent if it were to be framed (i.e., sculptural pieces).
- Artwork must be labeled on the front with the name of the piece and artist’s name so the hanging committee can correctly identify the piece. Note that this can be handwritten – the club will provide printed labels for final display.